- MESSAGE MENU #1
MESSAGE MENU #2
- OVERLOOKING THE SOURCE OF OUR STRENGTH AND SALVATION
- FALSE PROPHETS OR SERVANTS OF YAHWEH?
- BOOK OF MATTHEW WRITTEN IN HEBREW OR IN GREEK?
- CONCERNING BABYLON AND CURRENT EVENTS
- THE FIRSTFRUITS OF YAHWEH/YAHWSHUA
- WHAT DID YAHWSHUA MEAN WHEN HE SAID "TOUCH ME NOT"?
- WHERE WAS YAHWEH'S SHEKINAH GLORY AT THE TIME OF YAWHSHUA?
- THE WAVE-SHEAF CEREMONY
MESSAGE MENU #3
- THE FIRST VISIBLE LUNAR CRESCENT
- TITHING CHART BASED ON WEEKLY INCOME
- HOW TO TITHE BASED ON YOUR ANNUAL SALARY
- MAP OF ANCIENT KHAZARIA
- MAP OF EPHRAYIM AND MANNASAH, ACCORDING TO THE ANGLO-SAXONS
- THE NEW COVENANT IS CONDITIONAL
- BARACK OBAMA: A PROPHET OF ISLAM
- TIMELINE CHART OF YAHSHUA'S DEATH AND RESURRECTION
- THE SACRED NAMES IN ANCIENT PALEO-HEBREW
- ZECHARYAH 12:9
- THE 24 ELDERS ARE ALREADY IN THRONES IN HEAVEN
- THE INFAMOUS "AN EYE FOR AN EYE" LAW: ABOLISHED OR IN EFFECT?
- RE LOST TEN TRIBES
ARE THE FRENCH AND GALATIANS DESCENDED FROM THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?
Are the French and "Galatian peoples" Descended from the Lost Tribes?
The people of France are a mixture of various peoples and tribes who settled there during a very long period covering over 2,500 years. Among those tribes, we find evidence that portions of the tribes of Israel were there in ancient times, becoming part of the present make-up of the people.
The famous Roman geographer, Claudius Ptolemy, in his Cosmographia Tabulae drew maps of the ancient world about 125 A.D., showing where nations and tribes were located in his day. In his contemporary map of Gaul, we find the tribe (or at least a part of it) of "Semnones" settled in south-central France. The similarity of this with the Biblical tribe of "Simeon" is striking.
It is well-known that scholars consider it a certainty that most or all of the tribe of Simeon disappeared from their native land Palestine long before the Babylonian and Assyrian conquests. Where did they go?
Historian Johannes C. DeMoor of the Netherlands wrote concerning this Israelite tribe: There is "a hidden wordplay in Genesis 49:5, 'Simeon and Levi are brothers, weapons of violence are their trade.' The derivation of 'mkrtyhm' from the root 'mkr; 'to trade,' renders it likely that originally 'makir' simply meant 'trader' (later Hebrew 'moker'). This would make the Simeonites traveling salesmen which might offer another explanation for their later disappearance" from Palestine.
In other words, the Biblical tribe of Simeon engaged in trading expeditions and sailed away from the Mideast in very early times. Even after several centuries they could still be located on Ptolemy's map!
There is also very good evidence for the tribe of Reuben settling in France.
One of the earliest scholars to trace the lost tribes of Israel to France was the French Huguenot writer Jacques Abbadie, who fled French Roman Catholic persecution and later settled in London, England. In his important work, The Triumph Of Providence, (1723) he wrote, "God opened, as one might say, the tomb of the Ten Tribes by the conversion of the Northern Peoples...Certainly, unless the Ten Tribes have flown into the air, or been plunged into the center of the earth, we must look for them in the North, and in that part of the North, which at the time of Constantine was converted to the Christian faith...The Ten Tribes have since seen conversion into Christian nations, which they are, having thousands of God-fearing ministers in their midst, a people marked by physical possession of the Gospel as servants of God, and reunited with many of their brethren of Judah in the Christian church. This explanation allows us to see the historical fulfillment of the prophetic picture in the Gothic warriors, prepared for conquest, destined for empire, and ancestors of the tribes who inhabit this nation [France]."